Thursday, November 8, 2012

Life..... Take 2

Where do I start? I've written this post in my head about 500 times.

What do I tell?

What do keep to myself?  What stays secret?

What do I share with the world?

I'll be honest. I don't know. These days, I don't know much.

You may know where I am in my life because I've told you. You may know parts of my story. You may think you know my story but you have no idea.

The truth is, we all have stories.  I'm not convinced that our stories define who we are.

These events, these things that happen to us are really just chapters in our lives.  We have fun, exciting and brilliant chapters.  We have humbling, sad and heart breaking chapters.

Do these events change us? With out a doubt.

Make us better? Stronger? God, I hope so.

Teach or remind us what of we are willing to tolerate in our lives and what we aren't?   Yes.

For all of us, our stories are simply things that happen to us. Yes, some times the events are life changing and shake us to our core. These are the things that bring us to our knees and make us question everything.

These events, the good and the bad, yeah, they can change who we are or maybe who we thought we were.  We all have things that happen to us but we can't let these things define who we are or dictate what path we have to take.

At the end of day, our story is what ever we want it to be.  We can alter the end by how we handle the events that make up the chapters of our story.  

This chapter I am living right now, if I am honest, it's a chapter I thought about, considered, even discussed with friends but after the thoughts, the ideas, the musings, the wondering about it  I decided I didn't want it for myself or my family.  I stayed and I tried.  At times, maybe not as hard as could have, but I tried.

My reality is it didn't matter what I wanted for myself or my family.  Choices were made.  Lines were crossed and I ended up here anyway. 

So, this is what I will share.

I'm sad.

My heart is broken.

Parts of me are broken but I am not.

Right now, I don't know much but I do know this........

At any given moment we have the power to say: This is not how my story is going to end.


No comments:

Post a Comment